Lived in Kanata (now part of Ottawa) from 1968 to 2010; died in 2010.
Well-known and respected member of the community of Kanata; was involved in countless community and volunteer groups including Kanata Golf Club, KBCA, March Rural Association and the Women’s Institute.
Was alderman of Kanata from 1982 to 1985 and councillor of Kanata three times between 1991 and 2000; first got involved in politics as a writer for the then Kanata Standard.
Was also President of the Board of Directors of Community Child Care of Ottawa and vice president of the March Rural Community Association (MRCA).
Was commissioner of Kanata Hydro, on the board of management at Pinhey’s Point, the board of the Kanata Public Library and an integral part of the city’s rural summit task force.
On June 14, 2012, the city of Ottawa named a West Carleton-March park in her honour. The park, located at 1730 Sixth Line Rd., was formerly named Riverfront Park.