Born in Ottawa in 1856.
Daughter of lumber baron J.R. Booth. Mr. Booth's lumber company won the contract to supply wood for the Parliament buildings when Ottawa was chosen as the new Capital of Canada by Queen Victoria.
Wife of Andrew Fleck, a successful Ottawa businessman in lumber who also ran mills in the Ottawa Valley.
In memory of her husband, Gertrude Fleck donated a new building on the grounds of 195 George St. to the Ottawa Day Nursery which was later renamed the Andrew Fleck Child Care Center. The Andrew Fleck Child Care Centre has since become a trailblazer in childcare services.
Mrs. Fleck was active in the Canadian Red Cross and many other local charitable and community organizations.
The Ottawa Citizen, May 7, 2011.